BD & Sales Support (Temporary Contract)
Job Title: BD & Sales Support Temporary 6 months’ contract, with a possibility of extension.
Reporting to: Internal Sales Manager
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for internal customer facing activity relating to BD and / or sales – primarily audio and radio applications but supporting the wider organisational portfolio with additional support to external sales activities when needed.
This is a customer facing role, customer interaction will be via telephone, video call, on site meetings or visiting customer premises.
All work to be carried out under the organisations QMS system and in line with health and safety practices.
- Ensure customer facing time is planned efficiently across the sales function and visits are secured.
- Carry out external demonstrations as required by business needs.
- Manage active and non-active accounts reporting and documenting to the business potential opportunities
- Assist with regular monthly reports on sales progress; leads, bid to win, call campaign results, sales results, and major opportunities.
- Record customer specifics within automated system and set follow up parameters; order probability, timeframe and follow up actions/timeframes.
- Liaise with internal technical lead to support the team and customer requests
- Complete targeted call campaigns.
- Collaborate with Marketing to enhance potential sales
- Collate industry knowledge and communicate to business
- Provide market intelligence on competitor activity in customer domains
- Highlight opportunities and lead generation to the business for new markets
- Updating and maintaining CRM for all BD and sales activity
- Ensuring customer purchase orders received and processed correctly throughout the business
- Support of business administration needs relating to BD and sales
In addition to your normal duties you may from time to time be required to undertake additional or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Managing time and prioritising actions is important, it is an individual’s responsibility to report any restraints in their work area.
Education and Experience
- Experienced in customer liaison.
- have strong business skills and a sound knowledge of the sales process
- have excellent internal and external presentation skills
- have excellent communication skills, complemented by diplomacy
- be able to work calmly, effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines
- attain a full understanding of company policies and procedures
- have strong IT skills, including word processing and data handling
- be decisive and able to make independent decisions
- A professional, confident, polite telephone manner and excellent communication and listening skills are essential.
Quality + ISO 9001
- Work to ISO methods and procedures at all times
- Work to Quality systems and procedures
- Follow method books when required
- Follow health & safety procedures
Base Location: Basildon, UK; with some Nationwide travel required as and when necessary. 40 hours per week Monday – Friday 08.30 – 17.30.