External Sales- Audio / Radio & RF/Microwave components
Be a part of the external sales team– primarily audio and radio applications with support in all other dBD Communications portfolio.
We are seeking a technically aware, experienced Sales Engineer with a background in RF Systems or Microwave and RF component sales. You may be an Application or a Design Engineer looking to move into sales or a proven Sales Engineer in the relevant sector. A strong commercial background would be helpful but not essential, as someone who shows a strong aptitude and willingness to learn can be of interest. As this is a field role, you must be willing to travel.
- Ensure weekly and monthly tasks are met including; call rates, RFQ generation, orders.
- Visit customers externally; at an expected rate of a minimum 3 visits per day; at least 3-5 days per week.
- Demonstrate duplex communications systems to customers externally.
- You will be expected to manage your own movements and plan your diary in accordance with company stipulations and in an economical manner.
- Take customer related enquiries from both phone and email sources and capture the requirement.
- Communication to the Sales Team; opportunity acquisitions and update information/files regularly.
- Provide regular monthly reports on sales progress, to include all areas; leads, bid to win, call results, sales results, major opportunities.
- Provide market intelligence on competitor activity in customer domains.
- Support, when asked, any area of the Sales and Marketing Team to include call campaigns, marketing designs, attending exhibitions and seminars.
- It is noted that when visiting local companies or based in a single area (i.e. Airports) the customer contact would likely double per day.
- If performing external phone calls it is expected to achieve at least 30 calls per day. Any resulting RFQ generation will be reported back into the Sales Team for processing.
- On occasion you may be required to visit overseas clients.
- You should be able to respond to pre-sales technical and sales enquiries
- Follow up quotations, cross sell and up sell additional services.
- Carry out market specific research as directed.
Base Location: UK (Geographical location to be confirmed)
Salary £30,000- £35,000+ Commission/Bonus Scheme
+ Car Allowance
Company mobile and laptop